Leather Vs. Fabric
Leather will always be the most expensive choice when it comes to upholstery. How much more depends on the quality of the leather, which can range from faux, to top-grain, or Nappa leather.
Additional factors to consider
- People who seek appearance, and style choose leather interiors
- In climate of extreme weather people opted for cloth interiors
- People who demand stain and smell prevention choose leather, vinyl, or faux leather interiors
- People who wanted little to no maintenance chose nylon or cloth interiors
- People who are concerned about resale value choose leather
- People who are concerned about allergies chose leather, faux leather, or vinyl
- People who value animal ethics choose vinyl, faux-leather, or a cloth option
So which one is better, leather upholstery or cloth upholstery?
It's up to you to decide what you like, what will work best for your lifestyle, and what your budget can afford. Yeah, the debate of leather vs. cloth upholstery is always going to be a heated debate. However, now that you have read all about your options, and know the pros, and cons of cloth vs leather upholstery, you can now make an educated decision. If you are still feeling indecisive, go talk to yourlocal restoration shop for advice specific to your classic car restoration project.